Sunday, November 20, 2011

Paleo Almond Flour Pancake/Waffle Recipe

My five year old loves waffles for breakfast, and I have been using this easy almond flour recipe for the past year or so.  It only yields about three medium sized waffles, or four small pancakes, so adjust the recipe to fit your needs.  Please note:  this recipe calls for blanched almond flour.  Almond meal or ground almonds will not yield the same desirable results).

Ingredients:

*1 cup blanched almond flour (I use Honeyville brand)
*2 eggs (preferably organic and pastured)
*2 tbsp flax meal
*2 tbsp coconut oil
*1/2 to 3/4 cup water
*pinch sea salt

Directions:

1.  Mix all ingredients together in one bowl.  I mix it all together at once to avoid hassle in the morning.  No need to separate wet from dry first, etc.

2.  Spoon about 1/4 cup mixture onto greased (preferably with coconut oil) waffle iron or griddle.  Remove when done as you would with a standard waffle/pancake mix.

3.  Top with ingredients of your choice.  My son, of course, loves maple syrup on his.  I usually just eat them plain or top them with mashed fruit or nut butter.  My toddler loves these plain as well!  He doesn't yet know about the sweet stuff yet and happily chows down on these plain :)

2 comments:

  1. this recipe looks fantastic and I love your bio, the last bit sounds like me (homeschooler, tree hugger, home birter, health nut etc)

    thanks, take care and stay healthy
    Leah Salmon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leah! Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete